The Village Hall is the hub of the village and is used for many functions and events throughout the year including theatrical productions, BBQ’s, coffee mornings and the annual Flower Show and Fete and it is the perfect place for the whole village to get together to celebrate occasions.
We also have regular 'Pub Nights' throughout the year usually on Friday between 6.30pm and 10pm with guest ale, other beers, lagers, wines and snacks. All welcome.
The hall is located adjacent to the Recreation Ground at the top of the village. It was originally built for the Women’s Institute on land leased from Ilchester Estates and first opened in 1922. In 1993 Ilchester Estates agreed a new 32 year lease that transferred the running of the hall to the Village Hall Management Committee for the purpose of providing a recreational facility for the residents of Melbury Osmond, Melbury Sampford and the surrounding area.
The Hall can accommodate up to 100 people and 80 with tables set for a meal
It has full facilities for both private and public functions. These include:
- A fully fitted kitchen with pots, pans, crockery and cutlery for up to 100 people.
- Tables both small and large with chairs to seat up to 100 people.
- A stage with theatre lighting.
- Separate male and female toilet facilities
- Outside area under a canopy for B-B-Qs etc.
- Large car parking area on the recreation ground